Your doctors will always do their best for you. But they need your help to provide the best care for all patients. Please show your support by following these simple guidelines:
- Please treat your doctor and their staff as you would expect to be treated by them—with politeness and respect. Violent or aggressive patients may be removed from the practice list.
- Please cancel appointments that you cannot attend or no longer need—somebody else is always waiting.
- Please think twice before calling a doctor to your home—is a visit really necessary?
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit the surgery—good advice is often the best treatment.
- Please remember that you can find basic health information elsewhere—for example from NHS Direct.
- Please request your repeat prescription in good time—this will help avoid delays.
- Please remember that doctors are only human—they cannot solve all your problems and some illnesses cannot be cured. If you do have a genuine complaint, please contact the practice manager first. This is the quickest way to solve any problems.
Thank you for helping your surgery to provide a better service.